List of conditions for which acupuncture is approved, from The World Health Organization.
Acupuncture Video (be sure your computer's speakers are on)
Article about Dr. Saeks by Molly McKenna, PhD, was published in the 2005 March/April edition of the bulletin of the Oregon Psychological Association.
Dr. Saeks uses all five Traditional Chinese Medicine modalities (acupuncture, herbal medicine, therapeutic massage, Qi Gong, nutrition) to treat a wide variety of symptoms and conditions.
The more common conditions include:
- Circulatory: Hypertension.
- Emotional: Depression, anxiety, stress, support for addiction treatment/recovery,
- Gastro-intestinal: Indigestion, stomachache, nausea/vomiting, heartburn,
constipation, and diarrhea.
- Gynecological: Irregular menstruation, premenstrual syndrome, issues related
to menopause or peri-menopause, and infertility.
- Immune: Chronic fatigue, autoimmune diseases, and immune deficiency.
- Male Sexual Functioning: Decreased libido,
erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, pain, and infertility.
- Metabolic and Endocrine: Diabetes (and associated issues), hyperlipidemia,
weight issues, and low energy.
- Musculoskeletal: Arthritis, tendonitis,
numbness and tingling, joint stiffness, and sports injuries.
- Pain: Low back pain, neck and shoulder pain, joint pains, traumatic injuries
(such as from automobile accidents or sports), and headache.
- Pregnancy Related: Morning sickness, back pain, fatigue and edema.
- Respiratory: Common cold, flu, bronchitis, asthma, and allergies.